“SCHOOLS AND TEACHERS IN NEEDHAM.
On January 11, 1725, £15 was granted, and the inhabitants of the West End (” The Leg “) were to have their share of the money to maintain ” a Schoole amongst them.” It was also voted “that their Should be a Schoole Keept in four parts of the town,” viz. : one near the house of John Smith, one near the house of Ephraim Ware, Sen., (who perhaps lived near Longfellow’s Pond), …”
Reference Data:
Dedham Historical Register, Vols. 13-14, by Dedham Historical Society (Mass.), 1902, pages 12-13